1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Certain app's missing from market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pottish, May 9, 2011.

1. Pottish

Pottish Lurker
    None

May 9, 2011
    Hi all, first post on the forums. Hope I'm not treading over something that's been discussed already or flogging a dead horse so to speak.

I'm on the europa gt i5500. And I'm fairly new and inexperienced in how android works in general. Part of joining this forum is to change that. If there's an newbie's guide to android I'd appreciate seeing it.

Anyway, I've been trying to get a app (football freekick, first result in the android market website search using the word 'freekick') and it comes up with the message 'this app is not compatible with your phone'. Seems fairly straight forward. I'm wondering whether it's the hardware of the phone that's the problem or because I'm on android 2.1? Or perhaps something else entirely I'm not aware of. Reason I wonder is I know I can upgrade android to 2.2(somehow, not sure how lol). But obviously can't change the hardware.

Is this phone cheap and not able to run certain applications?

Thanks for anyhelp given to a newbie :)

Advertisement

2. Andboid

Andboid Lurker
    None

May 9, 2011
    The phone is not muti-touch, therefore certain apps that use that e.g games like words with friends will not show because it not compatible with your phone. Also it may require certain firmware to use the app e.g android 2.2 or 2.3 gingerbread. Yes it sucks!

3. Kixy

Kixy Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    In my very limited experience (Galaxy Europa (5) owner for just over a month!) you can install some 'incompatible' apps through GetJar. Words with Friends definitely works on my phone (worked with 2.1, and after flashing 2.2). Zynga Poker works too.

Some apps won't install full stop, but if you don't try you won't find out!

Don't know if the following topics will help with getting used to Android, but it's a start :) FAQ: Android OS/Platform, FAQ: Applications & Android Market, or how about The Complete Android Guide

4. Andboid

Andboid Lurker
    None

May 9, 2011
    I donno wtf is up with my phone then? It wont connect to pc and when i go into market i cant find words with friends even if i type the thing in search. Samsung Piles it should be called cos it a pain in the ass!

5. Kixy

Kixy Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    Navigate your phone's browser to the GetJar page for Words with Friends:

Download Words With Friends for Samsung GT i5500 Galaxy 5

You'll be able to download and install it from there :) However as the app is not installed from the Market proper, you'll need to keep an eye on and install updates for the app yourself manually.