1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Certain apps stop working after using USB storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ellissong, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ellissong

ellissong Lurker

So I have certain apps (specifically Angry Birds and 2 Player Reactor) that stop working after I plug my phone into the computer to transfer some files. I always have to uninstall and reinstall them to get them back working.

The icons will change to the green and white android icon and will say that the application stopped working unexpectedly when I click on them

Is there any way to stop this from happening? This seems to always happen without fail. I'm unmounting and doing everything right before disconnecting it, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Forgot to mention that it's rooted... Can't remember if this happened to much before it being rooted though.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Most likely because those apps are on or have necessary files on the sd card, so when you mount to the computer the phone loses access to them.

3. ReeseB

ReeseB Lurker

I use Awesome Drop to transfer from computer to phone. It was available in the android market. After I installed it, I went to labs.dashwire.com/drop/android
    You will open awesome drop on phone as well as computer, it will ask for the code on the website which you put into the phone then you click & drop the files/programs & they load to the phone...this is wireless, no usb..I do have to use Google Chrome browser when using awesome drop, but to me that isn't even an inconvenience
    here is a video showing how to use it
    ‪Android App Review: Awesome Drop‬‏ - YouTube