• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help certain sms's not showing

tmb99

Lurker
Dec 15, 2011
Searched and couldn't find same problem, lots of sms problems but not this one.

I have certain sms's not showing in the messages area. Its only for certain people, about 3 so-far. I can read it when its in the notification area then once I go back in I can't find it. If I go via 'people' and message's then I can see them again. even searching message area won't show them... needless to say driving me crazy!

Has phone about 12 months only been happening last couple of weeks. Nothing else that I know has changed. The phone is vodafone au stock running everything up-to-date. I do have 'sms popup' running.

Fixed!

Thanks your reply prompted me to go and clean out the inbox - whilst doing that I discovered the 'problem'.

Deep down the inbox I found old messages from these contacts however I had a 'draft' - text that hadn't been sent. For some reason that was keeping the message at that time period and not showing it at the top of the inbox when new texts where received.

Wicked, glad that's sorted. To answer your post, yes I had cleared everything, force stopped all message apps and cleared - all sorts of things.

However all I needed to do was delete drafts :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones