1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Certified like new" phone, no 3/4G.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JustinHEMI, Sep 6, 2011.

1. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Android Enthusiast

Friends, I just got a replacement phone for my launch day TB due to the power button giving out. Otherwise, the phone was perfect and 3/4G worked perfect.

I put the SIM card into the new phone and activated it, and it has been on 1X since. It has been about 1.5 hours. Does it take a while or is this a sign that something is wrong?

Thanks.

Justin

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Go to VZW for a replacement SIM. If that doesn't work have them send you another like new phone until you get one that works.

JustinHEMI likes this.
  3. JustinHEMI

OK I will try getting a new SIM tomorrow.

Justin

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I have a feeling it isn't SIM related :( I think a bad SIM would cause you to have no signal. Are you sure the back to the phone is snapped on well? If it isn't it will hinder your signal, you may also want to try the back to the other phone.

5. JustinHEMI

Hmm I had that feeling too, since it worked previously in the other phone. But it might be simpler to try a new SIM if they have them at the store. Changing backs didn't work and it was on tight.

6. JustinHEMI

Well now all of the sudden while sitting here reading, it switched to 3G. So, I am headed to bed and will just let it sit over night and see what happens. Thanks for your help so far!

Justin

7. JustinHEMI

And so after brushing my teeth and what not, 4G is on. I guess it just took a while..., but I'll monitor it and see how it behaves. I'll report back if I have any other issues but will consider it solved for now.

Thanks!
    Justin

8. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Glad it appears to be resolved for you. I hope it stays that way

10. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

I wonder why if it's the sim card acting up why didn't he see that happening with the old phone?
    I wonder if the sim card is prone to problems when it is being removed and placed into a new phone? Static related?
    Bryan

11. JustinHEMI

Just to follow up, the 3/4G resolved like I said earlier. But then it started rebooting every five minutes, so i did a battery and sim card pull for about five minutes and all has been good since.

12. JustinHEMI

I think you're right, it seems the sim card may be a bit sensitive, at least it seemed so in my case.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews