• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CF Case with no keyboard slide out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still unsure why you cannot post an image of the finished product or why the provider is unable to as well. It is hard for some to be willing to purchase a product that they cannot see especially something as pricey as this. Also, when someone says $62 is not expensive then they are trying real hard to sell their product. The body glove doe s a great job protecting the Droid for half the price. Still I like the aesthetic value this adds to the phone and would potentially be willing to purchase one but not until I have seen the finished product.

Upvote 0
I am still unsure why you cannot post an image of the finished product or why the provider is unable to as well. It is hard for some to be willing to purchase a product that they cannot see especially something as pricey as this. Also, when someone says $62 is not expensive then they are trying real hard to sell their product. The body glove doe s a great job protecting the Droid for half the price. Still I like the aesthetic value this adds to the phone and would potentially be willing to purchase one but not until I have seen the finished product.

You should have read the other thread before you came off with a comment like this. The first buy is closed. It ended with 12 paid users all from the other forum. The reason there is no image of the finished product is because it isn't made yet. Clearly stated in this thread and the other is that the product will not be made until 10 users have paid. Now that the people have paid the product is just starting. The turn around is approximately 1 month from Jan 27 (Feb 27).

Also, when someone says 62$ is not expensive it is not because we are trying real hard to sell the product. It is because your phone retails at 500$. Would you rather spend 20$ on a case with lower quality, and not as sleek of a look, or buy a case that will add a nice touch up to your phone, and protect it as well. Sure you can also buy insurance for your phone, which I think I read somewhere as like 10$ a month, however if your phone does break in the end it is still a 95$ replacement fee.

The price is also because it is for a carbon fiber product. Until you work with it you will not understand how much of a PITA it really is.

Do not take this post as offensive, because i'm not attacking you. I'm just winning the debate. :)

Upvote 0
3 main questions for this product (from a *seriously* interested party, with a possible 5 more tag-alongs):

1) What is the exact / approximate thickness of these cases? I am specifically interested in whether they will work in various dock applications (I have both the MM dock as well as the Car Dock)? (Sort of related, CF n00b, so I apologize in advance) I assume that CF has no major restrictions to magnetism?

2) How easily will the cover be able to be removed once it is on there? For times like when I want a complete screen clean, or if I wanted to change the battery)

3) How will this affect OC'd DROIDs - will it restrict airflow throughout the phone?

I understand that these are 1 piece cases, so made for the back only, but the back is where the magnetic contacts are for the various docks, so #1 is *extremely* important, in terms of whether I'll be stuck doing the same thing I am now, having to remove the back of my current case to insert into whichever dock. #3 shouldn't be an issue, but I have to make sure, and #2 is always important for those times when you just need to get the damned thing off....

TIA

Upvote 0
3 main questions for this product (from a *seriously* interested party, with a possible 5 more tag-alongs):

1) What is the exact / approximate thickness of these cases? I am specifically interested in whether they will work in various dock applications (I have both the MM dock as well as the Car Dock)? (Sort of related, CF n00b, so I apologize in advance) I assume that CF has no major restrictions to magnetism?

2) How easily will the cover be able to be removed once it is on there? For times like when I want a complete screen clean, or if I wanted to change the battery)

3) How will this affect OC'd DROIDs - will it restrict airflow throughout the phone?

I understand that these are 1 piece cases, so made for the back only, but the back is where the magnetic contacts are for the various docks, so #1 is *extremely* important, in terms of whether I'll be stuck doing the same thing I am now, having to remove the back of my current case to insert into whichever dock. #3 shouldn't be an issue, but I have to make sure, and #2 is always important for those times when you just need to get the damned thing off....

TIA

Hi, Thanks for your questions.

1. Our cases are very thin, but they provide the protection. The thickness of the case is about 2-3 license cards on top of each other. So its not going to make your phone a brick if thats what you are wondering :).

2. It will be able to be easily removed.

3. OC'd Droid's? Overcharged? The case has all the appropriate cut outs for speakers, mics, charger, etc. so i'm sure its not going to restrict airflow since it can get in through there.

Upvote 0
1) The multimedia docks allow for ~1 mm of space of a 'skin' / case - otherwise the case has to be removed. With both of my docks, my current VZW 2 piece case allows me to keep the front piece (top) and only remove the rear (back) case to insert it into the docks.

So, if the CF cases are over 1mm thickness, then I'll be constantly having to remove it as well when using either of my docks - and the car dock gets used daily.

2) Good to know.

3) OC'd = overclocked - currently running the DROID at 1 GHz on the CPU as opposed to the default 550MHz - thereby increasing the heat output of the CPU (and thus the overall phone). Hence the need to have good airflow.

However, in retrospect, if my current cover does not cause me any problems with my OCing then yours should not either....time will tell, been at 1 GHz for roughly 4 hours now.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

As you all know we had a few issues with our manufacturer. Due to this the deadline will be pushed back a bit. The cases are being worked on daily though so they will be mailed out as soon as they are finished.

Pictures, pictures, pictures! we will have a finished picture tonight for you all to finally see.

We sincerely apologize for this wait, we are just as anxious as you all are to see and receieve this product. If there are any other questions please feel free to ask me.

Our thanks goes out to all of you members for your support thus far.

Chris,
The Carbon Case

Upvote 0
Seems this thread died out after the 27th - still no pics, and I haven't heard anything from any user who bought in, nor have I heard anything about the next buy in.

If you make one out of CF only, I am still interested, but if it is only the back part of the droid, I am not as interested - I prefer having a 2 piece case.

Thanks for any responses.

Upvote 0
Seems this thread died out after the 27th - still no pics, and I haven't heard anything from any user who bought in, nor have I heard anything about the next buy in.

If you make one out of CF only, I am still interested, but if it is only the back part of the droid, I am not as interested - I prefer having a 2 piece case.

Thanks for any responses.

Hi John, I've been keeping up with the thread on the other forum much more than here.

Upvote 0
thanks for proving my point, though. 2x2 carbon fiber/______(insert kevlar, texalium, dog crap, whatever) is not the same as 2x2 carbon fiber weave. it's not CF through out.

JFC, its like dealing with kindergarteners. i'm out, i cant fricken take it any more.

I agree. I just came upon this thread in March and have read it thoroughly. It sounded like the seller was full of it..I'm not an expert in CF but the seller posted pics of colored rolls of "CF", then "unpainted" G1 cases (black), then "painted" cases that still looked "wet" after they were painted...I have never seen a legit product change color that drastically- so they claim that they change the color after the product is formed..LAME!..and like I said it's March and I still haven't seen pictures of the completed product, which should've been posted by now. If your product is legit, prove me to be ignorant and POST YOUR COMPLETED PRODUCT PICS!!! Props to mecasull for calling them out.

Upvote 0
I agree. I just came upon this thread in March and have read it thoroughly. It sounded like the seller was full of it..I'm not an expert in CF but the seller posted pics of colored rolls of "CF", then "unpainted" G1 cases (black), then "painted" cases that still looked "wet" after they were painted...I have never seen a legit product change color that drastically- so they claim that they change the color after the product is formed..LAME!..and like I said it's March and I still haven't seen pictures of the completed product, which should've been posted by now. If your product is legit, prove me to be ignorant and POST YOUR COMPLETED PRODUCT PICS!!! Props to mecasull for calling them out.

This is exactly why I haven't kept up here on this forum. You and the user you quoted are nothing but trolls who have no right to comment.

After you wrote that "I am no expert in CF" you should have realized how immature you sound and deleted your attempt at calling us out and continued on with your day.

My producer IS an expert with 10+ years of experience with carbon fiber. There are no painted cases so you really need to figure out your logic. The "unpainted black" cases you claim are BLACK Carbon Fiber.

The cases look wet not because of "paint" which is not even used in these cases, but because of HOW you make ANYTHING out of carbon fiber. It is combined with a resin (which is a liquid) and requires hours of time to dry in a ventilated room at 70 degrees.

Edit: If you think we are scamming, then why:

1. On the other forum I have 21 orders on the case.
2. If you have ever bought from Cuskit for his droid stand product he has spoken with my producer and he has given his approval/trust in a comment in the thread.

Upvote 0
You know, Chris, you could have avoided all of the negativity in this thread if you had just been up front in your description of materials. Had you said in the OP that you were using a CF hybrid to get the colors, no one would have questioned your integrity, because it would have been clear from the beginning. Instead you said,

Also we are using the 2x2 Carbon fiber
Then, after you are challenged on the colored CF your partner Silent says,

The blue/red/yellow and orange weaves are a carbon/kevlar blend
Had you just said that in the first place, you would have never caught any grief. It's just good business to be honest and accurate in the description of your product.

Then, on Feb 27, you said,

Pictures, pictures, pictures! we will have a finished picture tonight for you all to finally see.

Which you never posted. You also said production was delayed, etc. etc. In fact,

So,do any pictures of this product exist? Did you ever deliver the first product run? I'd like to think that you did, but the fact is that you started this thread to market your product and just saying that you kept the people in "the other thread" updated doesn't wash over. Your potential customers shouldn't have to go looking for information. But if they did, the info that they would find there is that you haven't delivered yet, and you haven't provided pictures of a finished product. And on THAT thread, you reference more information on THE OTHER thread.

Basically, what I got from this is that you did not have enough faith in your own product to invest your own money in its production, and instead talked 10 "customers" into investing their money instead. Quite the business plan if you ask me. I'd sooner purchase the $120 CF case from another thread that was already produced, in stock, and from a reputable retailer that has provided is fully vested in the success of his company.

I'm glad I wasn't one of your 10 suckers.

Upvote 0
You know, Chris, you could have avoided all of the negativity in this thread if you had just been up front in your description of materials. Had you said in the OP that you were using a CF hybrid to get the colors, no one would have questioned your integrity, because it would have been clear from the beginning. Instead you said,

Then, after you are challenged on the colored CF your partner Silent says,

Had you just said that in the first place, you would have never caught any grief. It's just good business to be honest and accurate in the description of your product.

Then, on Feb 27, you said,

Which you never posted. You also said production was delayed, etc. etc. In fact,

So,do any pictures of this product exist? Did you ever deliver the first product run? I'd like to think that you did, but the fact is that you started this thread to market your product and just saying that you kept the people in "the other thread" updated doesn't wash over. Your potential customers shouldn't have to go looking for information. But if they did, the info that they would find there is that you haven't delivered yet, and you haven't provided pictures of a finished product. And on THAT thread, you reference more information on THE OTHER thread.

Basically, what I got from this is that you did not have enough faith in your own product to invest your own money in its production, and instead talked 10 "customers" into investing their money instead. Quite the business plan if you ask me. I'd sooner purchase the $120 CF case from another thread that was already produced, in stock, and from a reputable retailer that has provided is fully vested in the success of his company.

I'm glad I wasn't one of your 10 suckers.

Your loss. I have no intentions of continuing here with this thread. I know what our success will be, you do not. As for being honest, I have been 100% honest. Good day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones