• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chainfire 3d soft bricked my Orange Zali - HELP

YourShyFriend

Lurker
Dec 14, 2014
Hi guys, I have a ZTE kis pro with Android 4.1.1. JB (aka Orange Zali) (bought from Orange Romania) and I made the great mistake of installing Chainfire 3d on my phone. Now i am stuck on a boot loop. I tred literally EVERYTHING, from using adb to trying a new ROM. I dont have backup or USB debugging on. I have stock recovery and root. My phone is stuck on orange logo and ADB wont work it says that i havent connected my device to my pc which i actually have done. The stock rom from the original ZTE site is a corrupt archive and i dont know what to do.... I am really DESPERATE. Any help would be much appreciated (but explain like i would be a noob ;) ) :( I AM DESPERTAE SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADB requires USB debugging to be enabled, which is why that won't work for you.

It's very strange that a new ROM doesn't fix it: that should overwrite the system software completely, which will also remove any problems there. I assume you did try a factory reset? That's needed anyway when you install a new ROM. Also how did you install a new ROM if you have the stock recovery?

Upvote 0
Custom ROM, no. There is usually a way of reflashing with official software, but this is manufacturer-specific and I don't know ZTE at all. We don't have a section for this device, but it may be that one of our other ZTE sections will have clues. You'd still need to find the official software for the device though.

I assume you've done the obvious (factory reset).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones