1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Chainfire 3d v3 support questions (SGS2)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Burner2004, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Burner2004

Burner2004 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Male
    Lawyer
    Hello guys, I have several questions about Chainfire that I would like some assistance with:
    Background info: SGS2, rooted, XXKG6, Ging 2.3.4, running chainfire 3Dv3 with 3plugins (Nvidia, PowerVR, Qualcomm). On my phone I have (from the demanding games): Pes11, RF11, GT Racing 1,2 ; Dungeon Hunter, Hero of Sparta, GOF2, Worms, Air attack HD, AC, Asphalt5, Samurai Vengeance II, Angry birds (3parts).
    Some games work on different plugins and I have trouble fixing them all the time (blindly) without knowing why!
    As a fact angry birds kind of stopped loading the actual levels (background). This started after I installed the plugins and specifically the Nvidia.

1) I know what is Nvidia plugin(for Tegra games). But what are the other 2 plugins PowerVR and Qualcomm ?
    2) Do I need to use the option "None" in the chainfire menu and for which games ?
    3) For which games I need to use which plugin?
    4) Are there any other plugins available?
    5) There is a new "9MM HD" game, did someone run it and with chainfire ? (currently downloading the 750mb).

Thank you so much for your time and help, in advance :)

Advertisement

2. Burner2004

Burner2004 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Male
    Lawyer
    No one knows ? 110 "views" - 0 replies :(

3. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    1) There are only three, nvidia, powervr and qualcomm
    2) None is the default option, bascially it does what it says, It just doesnt use a plugin, so much like you would get without using chainfire.
    3) Tegra zone games need nvidia, games designed for xperia play and htc devices need qualcomm, I've not found a good use for the powervr plugin yet, they dont always work though.
    4) Plugins, no but I can download so shaders to enable some games to work, e.g. Riptide GP.
    5) You don't need chainfire for 9MM, it supports the SGS2.

Unless you tell chainfire to use the nvidia plugin with Angry Birds it won't so just installing the plugin won't effect any games.

Burner2004 and Gearu like this.
  4. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Male
    EarthCaust Photography, Volunteer, Enviromental Re
    UK- Edinburgh, Brazil - 2 hrs from Rio de Janeiro
    Any one using Chainfire with a CWM rooted phone as it says it mat cause problems and I have a rooted CWM phone thnx