1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Chainfire3d and Admire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sukuoru, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sukuoru

sukuoru Newbie

I understand that Chainfire3d said that it's only for 1ghz+ devices, but I've heard of people using it on their admire.

The issue I had with it, was that after installing the normal way (I didn't try the cwm method) my gallery was all sorts of screwed up. I'll reinstall and take a screenshot if need be, but I figure someone else must have had this issue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Edit; tried to install with cwm, and I'm assuming it failed. It did boot to cwm, and ran a script, but after rebooting normally and going to chainfire3d it asks me to install.

Then I installed it normally without cwm and it doesn't have the problem... Wth! I guess I should have tried everything before posting. Now I feel stupid bahahaha.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Demented755

Demented755 Android Enthusiast

Are you on the stock ROM? If so, that's your issue.

sukuoru likes this.
  3. sukuoru

sukuoru Newbie

I am on stock rom with cwm... I've been waiting for cm7 to get finished. I've grown tired of reinstalling all my apps after a flash...

Speaking of which, is it possible to do a full backup (nandroid) with my apps? I use link2sd.

4. InFiD3ViL

InFiD3ViL Well-Known Member

Yes it is. I am using Link2SD also and use nandroid backups/restore without issue ever.

No problems with my apps after a restore.

sukuoru likes this.
  5. Use Stock++. It's like stock, but faster. OC'd to 900Mhz, ext4 filesystem, etc.

sukuoru likes this.
  6. SamsungAdmire

SamsungAdmire Android Expert

this...

7. sukuoru

sukuoru Newbie

When I did my first nandroid backup/restore it didn't restore any of my apps, that's why I asked. And I've been contemplating stock++. It sounds amazing. Just so tired of flashing and losing everything hahaha.

Also just wanted to say thanks for all the work on the admire requisite0... I honestly thought there'd never be any roms for the admire lol.

8. Demented755

Just backup all of your apps with Titanium Backup, flash new rom, install Titanium Backup and batch restore all apps.
    It's a little bothersome but it only takes about 10 minutes to do.

sukuoru likes this.
  9. sukuoru

sukuoru Newbie

True, didn't even think about that... I learn something me about titanium everyday.

Probably a stupid question, but of I backup with titanium on stock, then install stock++ with ext4 formatting, would I still be able to restore the apps?

10. Demented755

They'll still restore. I've been using the same titanium back-up to reinstall my apps between stock, stock++, and the CM7.2 beta.

sukuoru likes this.
  11. sukuoru

sukuoru Newbie

Sounds basically like what I'd be doing... Thanks so much everyone!

Back on topic though... Does anyone even recommend using chainfire on the admire?

12. SamsungAdmire

SamsungAdmire Android Expert

Unless you play Games that lag a bit that annoy you , yes. or armV6 games that are meant to be armv7, i.e temple run. But flashing stock++ lets you overclock to 900mhz, and it makes the game less laggy (ALOT LESS..!

sukuoru likes this.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews