• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Challenge: Virtually impossible to root, any help is gold!

BillyThePoet

Lurker
Jan 23, 2016
Dear folks, I am happy to join your community and become more proficient with my M8. I recently decided to root the phone. I have tried a number of tool kits, instructions, manuals, etc, but none seem to work. Here is the breakdown of my problem as far as I understand it:

When I reach the stage of unlocking bootloader (flash unlocking in cmd), I hold Volume button on Yes and simultaneously hold the Power button. The screen goes black and I let the buttons off. It then reboots and returns to the same state as I started. In other words, there is no factory reset, the set up that you usually have to go through when starting M8 for the first time. I then enter the fastboot mode and still see it Locked, s-on.

Any ideas how can I finally unlock it?

Last edited:
So far, I have tried, Hasoon's toolkit, TWRP and HTCdev methods. Regardless, the final 2-3 steps are same. I also followed numerous videos, most of which follow similar instructions. I also downloaded the latest TWRP (2.8.7.0), set up Developer Options and turned on USB debugging. I also think I have got all the files in the fastboot folder that I needed. In case not, I attached a print screen of its contents. After one of the failed attempts, I also went to recovery and wiped my data and repeated the entire unlocking process to no avail. I have also tried to find Androot app that many claim to have helped them with rooting. However, the links do not work and there is no such in the Android store.

1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones