1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Challenge with muting Defy when unlocking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrDavo69, May 17, 2011.

1. MrDavo69

MrDavo69 Lurker

Hi All,

I have a Motorola Defy, with Telstra (Australian Telecommunications company).

The front screen of my Defy has a "slider" that allows for unlocking of the phone. On the left hand side of the "slider" is a little lock icon, and on the right side of the "slider" is a little speaker icon.

If I slide perfectly from left to right, e.g.: from the lock icon toward the speaker icon, the phone unlocks fine and works as normal. However if I accidentally swipe from right to left, e.g.: from the speaker icon to the lock icon, the phone goes into mute mode. Then when I successfully unlock the phone sound is turned off. This usually leads me to lock and unlock the phone again, in order to restore volume.

I have looked over the settings and there doesn't appear to be any way of removing the speaker icon.

If anybody knows how to remove the speaker icon or otherwise provide a solution to my dilemma please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Davo

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RLBorg

RLBorg Lurker

I think that the speaker on the lock screen is part of Android.

The other way to change the sound is through the sound option in Settings. I usually just turn it off and on myself. Seems like the easiest thing is to get use to not sliding right to left......

Motorola Defy Forum

The Motorola Defy release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP 3610 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews