1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Challenge with muting Defy when unlocking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrDavo69, May 17, 2011.

1. MrDavo69

MrDavo69 Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Hi All,

I have a Motorola Defy, with Telstra (Australian Telecommunications company).

The front screen of my Defy has a "slider" that allows for unlocking of the phone. On the left hand side of the "slider" is a little lock icon, and on the right side of the "slider" is a little speaker icon.

If I slide perfectly from left to right, e.g.: from the lock icon toward the speaker icon, the phone unlocks fine and works as normal. However if I accidentally swipe from right to left, e.g.: from the speaker icon to the lock icon, the phone goes into mute mode. Then when I successfully unlock the phone sound is turned off. This usually leads me to lock and unlock the phone again, in order to restore volume.

I have looked over the settings and there doesn't appear to be any way of removing the speaker icon.

If anybody knows how to remove the speaker icon or otherwise provide a solution to my dilemma please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Advertisement

2. RLBorg

RLBorg Lurker
    None

May 26, 2011
    I think that the speaker on the lock screen is part of Android.

The other way to change the sound is through the sound option in Settings. I usually just turn it off and on myself. Seems like the easiest thing is to get use to not sliding right to left......