1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Change 1x+3g symbol to regular 3g?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peteh98, Jul 14, 2013.

1. peteh98

peteh98 Newbie

I have a Chinese ROM that I dont use because of the ugly symbol lol.
    It shows this icon it's 1x & 3G AT THE SAME TIME. I can't. Can someone tell me how to change it?

Advertisement

2. jose224

jose224 Well-Known Member

You may be able to change it in the build prop I believe but someone else would have to help you because I'm not exactly sure what to change

3. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Android Expert

I would imagine that you'd have to go into the framework then framework-res.apk and change the icon. Ain't nobody got time for that lol. :D

You could be right. Haven't done it like this though.

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Hmm... I hesitate to say which one because I'm unfamiliar with "Chinese rom" :) so I don't know about compatibility but I would think there is a flashable mod you could flash that allows for changing the notification bar icons...

5. mysticalnyte

mysticalnyte Well-Known Member

I believe he talking about the MIUI ROM's as the "Chinese rom".

Brian706 likes this.
  6. peteh98

peteh98 Newbie

Lol no I'm talking about this Sense 4.1 ROM I found. It has working 3D so yeah :) & forreal, I don't have time for that! Lmfao! And about the picture I'll try to post one:rolleyes:

7. peteh98

peteh98 Newbie

I never saw the bottom part where you easily post attachments instead of the enter URL lol

Attached Files:

8. peteh98

peteh98 Newbie

Apparently it's the signal icon. Bc when I turn off WiFi it shows the 3G symbol in it's place.

9. jose224

jose224 Well-Known Member

Does 4g work in that rom

10. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Android Expert

On evo 3d cdma roms, heck no :p.

HTC won't give up the source for 4g and 3d , until they do, we could have 3d JB and 3d 4G sense 4.

11. xstefen

xstefen Android Expert

I want that status bar, i love MIUI status bar, but not the rom itself so much lol

12. peteh98

peteh98 Newbie

No 4G doesn't work.

13. Kritter888

Kritter888 Android Enthusiast

if i download opensignal from playstore to run speed test it shows 2 icons signal strength bars one for voice one for data wonder if the 1x u have is for voice and the 3g is data

noticed they have that in the muiu roms as well and was wondering why it had both myself i doubt it means double data transfer speeds of 1x and 3g

Tags: