1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change action of squeeze

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marden, Oct 28, 2017.

1. marden

marden Well-Known Member

Can you adjust the function of this?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Hadron, Oct 29, 2017 (3 points)
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Not officially.

Unofficially there is a way. It involves a number of steps, which you can find described here.

codesplice likes this.
  4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

It does require using ADB and a terminal and some hacking, but it is possible. You can find directions on XDA. It's possible Google will open it up to remapping but I'd be very doubtful.

Edit: Ninja'd by Hadron. Nice. ;)

Hadron and codesplice like this.
  5. marden

marden Well-Known Member

Ok thx, I think I stay away from these options as I might run something else... It seems like the function is quite useless as it is by default though :)

6. Hadron

VIP Member

It depends - if you want to activate it without talking to it then it's fine (and I don't find the voice activation useful myself, so am more likely to use this). The ability to use it to silence a call may be handy. But I would rather be able to assign it to whatever I want, which probably wouldn't be Assistant (which I've had enabled for a week to give it a shot, but suspect I'll disable soon as I don't myself find it very useful).

arif141357 likes this.
  7. marden

marden Well-Known Member

What do you mean with talking to it? Isn't the squeeze function only for silencing the phone which you can also do with clicking the power button?

arif141357 likes this.
  8. Hadron

VIP Member

No, the squeeze function can be used to trigger Google Assistant (as well as a long press on the home button). In fact Google think that's its primary function.

psionandy likes this.

Google Pixel 2 Forum

The Google Pixel 2 release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews