1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change "Audible Selection"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bburd, Jan 20, 2011.

1. bburd

bburd Lurker

Where's the sound file for the "audible selection" on the GT540? (That's the sound the phone makes when you select something, click a button, etc.) I'd like to change the sound to something else, but I didn't see the sound file anywhere in the folder hierarchy.

2. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member

1. Open Root Explorer go into / system/
    media/ audio/ notifications/
    2. Pick your desired notification sound and
    copy it
    3. Press back once , and then press / ui
    4. Press the mount r / w button in the top
    right corner .
    5. Rename Effect_Tick.ogg to Effect_Tick.ogg.bak
    6. Paste your notification into / ui , and rename it to Effect_Tick.ogg
    7. Close Root Explorer

3. Nirob

Nirob Android Enthusiast

4. bburd

bburd Lurker

I followed your instructions up to a point. When I press the "Mount r/w" button in Root Explorer nothing happens. I found other Root Explorer users with this problem on several forums, but no solutions. I also couldn't find any documentation about Root Explorer. So my first (dumb) question is, Does Root Explorer give itself root permissions, or do I have to root my phone before I can use the "Mount r/w" feature in Root Explorer? Also, if I don't have to root my phone (and I haven't) then how can I diagnose the Root Explorer problem?

5. De@n

De@n Well-Known Member

You can only use Root Explorer with a rooted phone. This app will root lg gt540 running Android 1.6 (only)

Attached Files:

6. Alp23superman

Alp23superman Lurker

Instead of 'Effect_Tick.ogg' apply these instructions to 'TW_Touch.ogg'. Make sure that you also set the permissions accordingly (as stated above) and restart the device after you have made these changes. Hope this helps further.

LG Optimus (GT540) Forum

The LG Optimus (GT540) release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.0" inch screen, 3MP camera, 156GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews