1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change battery capacity in Android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elchicoexperto, Feb 16, 2020.

1. elchicoexperto

Good morning Team, Im proud for meet you, and utilice your creation, LineageOS 16 in my samsung galaxy note 3 N9005, as you, i was working in my univertity since starting android, from years 2009, but every day i learn more.

Now i want to know how chahge the battery capacity, beause im using Lineage OS 16, and i need to change the battery capacitym because the original is 3200 mAh, but i bought a battery with 7200 mAh, then when my battery in android arrive to 1%, she is with this status until 4 hours more less and next to few minutes, turn off my phone, but i guess if if modiffy this capacity in android and i put the real value, maybe fixed this problem.

please i need your help
    thanks, i live in Cuba

Advertisement

2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Heres something I read online

"Calibrating" your battery is important. You're not really calibrating the battery itself, but teaching Android to expect longer battery life. Your phone's kernel tells the OS to expect a ~3200maH battery, and Android displays a battery percentage based on that, even when a 7500maH battery is installed.

Due to this, one problem I've run into is that the phone will not display the proper battery percentage. During the first calibration cycle, my phone lasted another 10-12 hours while still reading 1%.

Calibration process:
    1. With the phone powered OFF, charge to 100%. Unplug.2. Power ON the device. If battery percentage is not yet 100%, charge the phone to 100%.
    3. Unplug the device and allow it to drain completely under normal usage until the phone shuts off. This will take a while.
    4. Power on the phone again and again drain completely until the phone shuts off for a second time.
    (Note: Deep discharge of a Li-Ion battery IS harmful, but this process is not considered a deep discharge. Circuitry in the battery itself prevents this. Do not fear)
    5. Repeat steps 1-4.
    Instructions that come with the battery say to do this process three times. I've read some users only having to do this once, but I personally did this five times until the correct battery percentage was displayed.

This is a long and tedious process. The only other solution I have found is to flash a custom kernel that supports 7500maH batteries, which I have not tried.

Even if you don't perform this process, your battery life will increase greatly, but you won't have reliable battery stats. Speaking of battery stats, some users say that deleting batterystats.ini and clearing cache will solve this problem, but really it will just reset the entire process and the phone will again display battery life expecting a 3220maH battery"

3. elchicoexperto

Thanks for your answer but I tried this way but I didn't obtained nothing. Nothing change about battery capacity information.
    I need to find the form for flash the kernel. Because I flashed the kernel and when the phone start the logo are showing again again and again don't pass to system

I need to find a solution

4. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

I have Note 4 n910p and I flashed a permissive custom kernel by freeza with Zero Lemmon support. Try looking threw the XDA threads to find one for your specific device.
    Before I flashed the zero lemmon kernel. I used the method above and it work for me. I dout you'll see it in system battery states if thst what your looking for but I see it in kernel Aditior app.

Good luck

5. elchicoexperto

Yes but I flashed with LineageOs 16. And tell me about the process because I don't know if I'm doing something wrong

6. elchicoexperto

Im downloading the Kernel Aditior apk and this application make the capacity??

7. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Be careful flashing another custom kernel. I know with CMR's it sometimes caused soft bricking. Also so of tge custom kernels have a root method along with the .zip. If your using Magisk and the kernel .zip has SuperSu in it, your going to have incompatibility issues.

8. elchicoexperto

Yes yes I know about it. But would be great if we can talk for Whatsapp? May?? It my number +**personal info removed**

#8 elchicoexperto, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
  9. elchicoexperto

I feel that you can to help me

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews