1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Change Call Finish Pics and Ads?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tobiasg, Nov 23, 2009.

1. tobiasg

tobiasg Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    When I finish a call on my Droid it displays the "cute" little android dude and seems to always have a Cadillax CRX/Google Advert. Anyway to change the pic. I found an app that shows constellations instead but I wonder if this is something I can just do myself? And why are there adverts, it doesn't really bother me but I didn't get some special deal on the phone so why should I be forced to see the Advertising? Oh I just had a thought - is this a result of using google voice?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--Tobias

Advertisement

2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

It's not from google voice. It could be another application though. Get the app taskkiller and kill all the apps that you dont need. Then try making a call.

3. tobiasg

tobiasg Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    So others folks dont have adverts on call end? Interesting. I wonder what I have running that does that. Will check it out and report back.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    You haven't got an app called Taps 10 , Taps 7 , Taps 300 or any sort of Ringclip have you? This would be the Cause of these photos :)

If you want different pics you could always search "Ring Clips" on the Market and that will bring you up a selection to choose from

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Nope - I only see ads in 3-4 apps I have downloaded, mostly games.

6. tobiasg

tobiasg Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I do not have any of those.

I uninstalled the program I installed this morning that switched the pics to galaxies etc - pyxis constellation callPhoto.

Rebooted the phone and when I end a call it goes right to my contact log - wow. Now just to be clear I was seeing the adverts and images before I installed the Pyxis program- I also have done reboots several times. I am betting I still have something in my apps that once run triggers the pics so I will keep an eye on it and report back.

Thanks for your help guys!