• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Change carrier name?

Did you decompile the apk, make the changes, then recompile it?

Im not a developer whatsoever lol, so i have no idea on how to do that, my thinking was i could go in the framework res get the eri.xml file, edit it to say whatever i want where it says vm, then flash the rom. Im coming from the triumph and it was super easy to change there, they already gave us a zip eri.xml to edit and then just flash, this seems a bit harder

Upvote 0
Im not a developer whatsoever lol, so i have no idea on how to do that, my thinking was i could go in the framework res get the eri.xml file, edit it to say whatever i want where it says vm, then flash the rom. Im coming from the triumph and it was super easy to change there, they already gave us a zip eri.xml to edit and then just flash, this seems a bit harder
I remember Mantera had a guide on how to do that on the triumph, but don't know if that thread could give you some ideas on how to do it.

Upvote 0
You have to use something like APKTool to decompile the APK...if you pull out the eri.xml out of framework-res or wherever it is...it'll be all garbled up...Because its not decompiled.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2014062

Here's a How To for you.

Edit:

Also for build.prop editing, I just remembered about that. I'm going to go ahead and read the build.prop and see what I can find.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones