1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Change country firmware. will it damage my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arimail, Jul 24, 2011.

1. arimail

arimail Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Hi guys! I have just bought a Sgs2 and I'm new to android. i bought it in malaysia and therefore have baseband.version I9100DXKF. As far as i understand this is asia original firmware? If not what is the baseband version? I have gingerbread 2.3.3 XWKF1. I know theres new firmwre available but kies say i have the latest fware. So i want to change my firmware to norwegian/european fware. Now what i wonder is: 1: is it possible? 2: how will it affect my phone? 3: Will it void my warranty? 4: What would the procedure be?

I have really bad batterylife and some bad wifi reception. ive read that the latest fware will fix this. but whats up with the different fwares and android versions. Which is the newest ones? Xwkf3 vs xwkf1 or xwke1 etc. Id really appreciate some help underdtanding all of
    this since im now an android user''' YAY!! Thank you very much in advance.
    Oh and my csc is I9100OLBKE5, PDA=I9100XWKF1 PHONE=I9100DXKF1. What does this mean. And PDA?? Sorry for all the newbie qstions, and I hope this isn't a common question that i've missed, but i really feel the need to know, and googling it all is quite confusing..
    -Ari

Advertisement