1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Change Default Respond for Contact?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DirtyMetis, Dec 13, 2011.

1. DirtyMetis

DirtyMetis Newbie
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    Posted this question a few months back, still struggling with it, thought I'd readdress it in the hopes of new enlightenment. Feel free to see original thread HERE

My buddy frequently sends me SMS from work via email but I can't respond directly to those because they block incoming emails. This means I constantly have to respond to him at his cell number and thus I have two separate threads of half conversations between two separate contacts.

I've tried adding his work email to his contact and setting the default action to "New message (cell number)" so that the SMS threads would be linked, but it still defaults to responding to his work email if that's where the received SMS originates from even though it displays his cell number in the recipient list when I send a response (confirmed by "View Message Details" option). I have to manually select his cell number as the intended recipient (which gives no visible change, as it was already listed) in order for it to go to his cell.

Wondering if there's any way to override this behavior, or if anyone knows of a different SMS program that could manage it. I know the simple solution is just to keep his work email and cell number as two separate contacts and swap between the two (s'what I've been doing for months now), but it does get a bit tedious after 50+ texts in a day. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement