1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Change DPI with root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pabloz, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Pabloz

Pabloz Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2016
    hi
    since now there is a temp root and we are able to change the DPI of the screen. does anyone know a good DPI value that we can use?

since the sceen is so big sometimes letters appear too big. like in whatsapp

changing the DPI should take care of that but i dont know a good dpi value for this phone

thanks

Advertisement

2. Coker

Coker Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2016
    Male
    I'm Sorry that I don't have an answer to your question. I was wondering how you successfully rooted your zmax 2. I've tried several different ways and had no luck.
    Thanks.

3. Pyroman

Pyroman Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2016
    Male
    Yea, I would also like to know how you rooted the ZTE zmax 2

4. FameWolf

FameWolf Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2015
    Male
    If you root with the older version of kingo root (the newer version for whatever reason doesn't work and no I don't know the version numbers) you can give yourself a semi permanent root adb shell (not the same as rooting the device)....it's semi permanent because if you factory reset it's gone but unlike root which will disappear right after you reboot (and still can't write to /system because write protection is still enabled) the root able shell will hang around for later reboots.

If you see root@lol you are in a root adb shell....from there you can run "wm density #" to see the real dpi and the "override" dpi. You can also type "wm density 260" to change to 260 from the default 320 and these changes do appear to stick.

The thread on "semi permanent root shell" is in this forum.

Pabloz likes this.
  5. Pabloz

Pabloz Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2016
    FameWolf

i followed your ideas and my z958 phone is awesome now!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH
    ! this is great indeed. the 260 dpi is perfect, now whatsapp and even chrome browsing looks better than before, NO MORE GIANT LETTERS OR SPACES
    I had to replace the launcher with nova launcher tho, the default launcher is crappy and after changing the dpi it doesnt look good and crisp. but with nova launcher everything looks sharp and small.

Tags: