1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Change E-Mail Ringtone possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MustangChris04, Mar 29, 2011.

1. MustangChris04

MustangChris04 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2009
    I am using the Mail application (not gmail) I've ripped the phone inside and out and cannot find where to change the ringtone for emails! It is using the same sound as my text messages. I change the default notification in the settings menu to a different sound and it is still playing the same ringtone as my sms!

This has been a problem with sense ever since I owned a touch pro 2. Ridiculous!

Advertisement

2. MustangChris04

MustangChris04 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2009
    After an hour of searching I found my answer:
    You have to click the personalize button on the home screen, then click notification sound, then click email and change it. Seems simply, but with android everybody knows you open up the program and then go to the settings from there. I can't believe HTC sense has been in the making for so many years and they still have a so many problems. They need to hire you guys from the dev community!

kjjb0204 likes this.
  3. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Awesome, was just going to ask the same question. On mine, when I set the main notification sound in main settings, Mail will use that until another notification comes in, then Mail changes over to that one. It would seem much simpler to just put it in the notification settings option in the mail app itself, but at least it can be done. Thanks!