1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change Google search logo??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Phazonsamus, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Phazonsamus

Phazonsamus Lurker

Hey guys, using a Nexus 6p on latest Nougat 7.1.2 and was wondering if there's a way to change my Google search bar to the cool dot icon they have for the pixel and pixel xl? If it's all stock Android why is theirs different? Is there a way to change between them? Gracias

Attached Files:

steve likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Install the latest Nova launcher, it has it available as an option on your home screen

Rob, codesplice and steve like this.
  3. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

The "pill" search widget is a Pixel exclusive - along with the filled/animated navigation bar, a slightly different theme, and a few other subtle tweaks. Why? Beats me.

Like @Dannydet said, though, a number of third-party launchers include pill-style search widgets so that you can get close to a Pixel look on your Nexus.

steve and Dannydet like this.
  4. DCJ1975

DCJ1975 Member

I briefly changed over to Nova and I ended up going right back to Oreo. I typically use Nova too for all of my Android devices but something about stock Android on the Nexus 6p makes it run so much more smoother than other Android devices down to even smoother than Moto and they are pretty much stock Android too. I just have always thought the Nexus 6p was the smoothest Android experience you can get.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

What didn't you like about Nova on this phone?

6. DCJ1975

DCJ1975 Member

I just wanted to keep everything original on the phone. Nova wasn't bad at all but just decided to keep the phone original with stock launcher.

7. DCJ1975

DCJ1975 Member

Plus I think the Oreo update improved the stock Google launcher in terms of how the icons looked too. I may go back to Nova as I haven't decided yet. I read where with Nova you can get the exact same set up that the Pixel has but it was a lot of steps to go through and I just didn't feel like doing it. If I go back to Nova I'll use the set up I've always used on Nova but I may try out some new icons.

Nexus 6P Forum

The Nexus 6P release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 810 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews