• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change Google Voice Typing settings

I use a Samsung Note 5. I also use TypeApp as my e mail client. When I try to use speech to text to dictate e mails, I default to Google Voice Typing. One problem I have is that the app will pause in speech mode too quickly. So if I pause for a few seconds of silence it will stop working. If I don't notice it's paused itself, I continue voice dictation. Once I recognize it's stopped recording, I've dictated an entire paragraph, which I forgot and can't reconstruct.

So one thing I want to do is increase the length of time before the app switches from voice mode to pause mode. If I can't do that, then I want to figure out how to turn off GOogle Voice Typing. The problem is that in settings it is greyed out & I cannot open it or figure out how to turn it off.

I have Dragon installed but can't figure out how to use it as my default speech recognition software.

Would love ideas on how to tackled these 2 separate, but related issues.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones