• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Change icons - do you need to root?

freefall

May 31, 2010
Hi Guys,

Having now got used to Android I'm wanting to mess about with my Desire and get it looking really personal.

A lot of people on here completely re design their folder icons using the icon packs. However, can you do this without having to root your phone?

I just dont want to be rooting my phone and would love to make it even more personal.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
No you don't need to root.Go to the market and search for Apps Organizer. This app allows you to organise all your apps etc into folders. You can then change the icon for each folder to whatever you want. Then you can place them anywhere like usual. It comes with a default icon pack but there are quite few you can download from the market.
I've been using Apps Organiser for ages and didn't know you could change the icons! Thanks very much :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones