• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change in Net10 plan wording

guy48065

Jan 12, 2014
Looks like Net10 has tweaked their Plan wording a little since I joined.

Under Unlimited Monthly Plans what you get is listed as:
"No International Calls Auto-Refill Unlimited* Talk / Text
Picture Messaging
Web / Email
and call 411"

And under Family Plans it says:
"Unlimited* National Calls
Unlimited* Text
Unlimited* Data"

Are these in fact the same--is "Talk,Text, Picture Messaging, Web & Email" intentionally more restrictive than "data"? Can I download pictures, videos, apps and stream music without restriction with either Unlimited plan?

"Picture Messaging / Web / Email" means exactly that. (Text is voice, technically, but pictures sent by "text" are data.) It doesn't allow streaming, file downloading, speed measuring - even though they have always allowed that.

"Unlimited* Data" means any kind of data - streaming (unless prohibited elsewhere), file downloads, etc.

I'm pretty sure that the * in Unlimited* refers to "unlimited at full speed until you reach the cap, at which time dead snails will move faster than your data".

Upvote 0
It may be that their marketing promises one thing but their TOS takes it away. I skimmed the many paragraphs looking to see if "Data" is limited to web browsing but I didn't find anything.
It may be in there somewhere but I didn't have a magnifier handy at the time :-/

What I DID notice was the descriptions for the "Unlimited Monthly" and "Family Plans" are the same in the TOS, with "Data" used instead of "Picture Messaging / Web / Email".

At stake for me is the ability to stream music on the road, and watch Youtube or instructional videos when away from wifi. I thought this was common and not restricted by anyone--up to your data cap, of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones