• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root change mms settings

I used the apn back up and restore, but I didn't delete the old apn. I deleted it, and restored a known working apn file. The good news is I am now receiving mms messages, but I still can't send it seems. I will work on it tomorrow, (later today). I am pretty happy so far, at least I can get pics now, I will figure out how to send them soon, I am sure it is something small.

thanks again!!

Upvote 0
I used the apn back up and restore, but I didn't delete the old apn. I deleted it, and restored a known working apn file. The good news is I am now receiving mms messages, but I still can't send it seems. I will work on it tomorrow, (later today). I am pretty happy so far, at least I can get pics now, I will figure out how to send them soon, I am sure it is something small.

thanks again!!
Are you on boost?
I have a apn from a prevail that I put in mine it works perfectly.

I backed up the one in the phone just for informational purposes then deleted the one in the phone and restored the prevail one.

ok i can send and receive sms and I have received pics but its sitting here sending for long time.:(
I will look into it and report back if I find a way, would appreciate if you do the same.

Upvote 0

thanks again!!

I just thought of something have you tried
Now for mms dial ##3282#, and enter the SPC code. Tap on advanced and scroll down to you see the URL mms.sprintpcs.com. Change the URL to http://mm.myboostmobile.com.
I am not on sense rom im on aosp so I dont have that menu available. I am not finding a way to access that to change it.
Are you on boost?
I have a apn from a prevail that I put in mine it works perfectly.

I backed up the one in the phone just for informational purposes then deleted the one in the phone and restored the prevail one.

ok i can send and receive sms and I have received pics but its sitting here sending for long time.:(
I will look into it and report back if I find a way, would appreciate if you do the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones