1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change of Home screen icon

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Bob Hawkins, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Bob Hawkins

Bob Hawkins Newbie

I wrote in a previous post of Locus Map Pro, which I updated on my wife's 'phone recently. The home screen icon shows as an Android robot now instead of usual Locus Map icon.
    I attach two screenshots: Screenshot 1 is my 'phone; Screenshot 2 is my wife's 'phone.
    Interestingly, my wife's 'phone shows the Android robot for WhatsApp, which I had never questioned until now. Perhaps that should be different, too?
    I wonder what dictates an icon's appearance and whether anything can be done in these cases?

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Dannydet, Jun 8, 2019 (6 points)
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That "android icon" means that it couldn't find the icon for that app - the android is just a default icon.

Do those icons actually work? I ask because the commonest way I've encountered this is when the app launcher button is broken (i.e. the phone can't find the app to associate with the icon).

4. Bob Hawkins

Bob Hawkins Newbie

Hadron
    I thank you for your reply.
    The WhatsApp icon has worked since its installation and the Locus Map Pro app continues to work since its update.
    I might uninstall Locus Map Pro and reinstall it to see whether that makes a difference, though I doubt it. At the same time, I do not wish to have a number of identical home screen icons!

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Long press on the icon and choose delete.
    Open your app drawer and long press and drag to your home screen on the app you want to use on your home screen

Hadron, tube517, ocnbrze and 2 others like this.
  6. Bob Hawkins

Bob Hawkins Newbie

Dannydet
    I thank you very much! Solved.

tube517, Dannydet, ocnbrze and 2 others like this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Great job!!!
    Glad you got the issue sorted. :)

Dannydet, ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.