• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help change of phone number on whatsapp

louis2008

Nov 13, 2015
Hi all

I don't have two mobile phones on hand so I'd like to know

if I change my phone number in whatsapp, is it true that my friend in previous conversation won't be able to send me message or I won't be able to receive it?

Or if I send them a message in the conversation, on their side they will have a new conversation windows rather than the previous one, am I true?

In other words, is it true that once I have changed the phone number, in the setting, my friends will not recognize me and I won't be able to receive their message sent to my old conversation if I don't inform them the new number?

When my sister changed numbers I was able to still see her Whatsapp messages I had but they didn't have her name displayed, just her old number. Of course I never sent to that number again but added her new number and used that one.
No clue about saving conversations, not a concern for me lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones