1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change phone to make 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by David13, Jan 28, 2022.

1. David13

David13 Newbie

I bought an A12 Samsung phone not denoted as a prefix in your menu. Unfortunately I purchased from Hong Kong and it seems like it's only 3G here. Its 4G there with there phone masts though. I wondered if it's possible to make my phone 4G somehow though? Is it Hong Kong firmware so impossible to do or a software issue?

I can't change it the normal way in the LTE, 2g, 3g, 4g selections as 4g is missing from those menus.

I can't send it back & the company is no longer trading in Hong Kong & I don't want to send it back.

So is there a way to somehow resolve this? I'd like to think so in this day & age.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

If 4g isn't listed then the hardware is not compatible.
    Time for a new phone

3. David13

David13 Newbie

Ok that's a blow. Thanks.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Why don't you look up the model number. That sounds very strange,

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Is LTE listed? Because LTE is 4G, and 4G is LTE, so if you have that then problem solved.

Otherwise you don't say where you are or what service provider you are with, so we can't check whether you would expect the phone's LTE (4G) bands to be compatible with your service provider's network. An exact model number would help with this too.

puppykickr, Deleted User and ocnbrze like this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If you're in the US, this Hong Kong phone isn't compatible with the 4G networks there.

7. David13

David13 Newbie

SM-A125F/DS is the full model number a Samsung A12 as I said above. LTE is listed but would you all agree LTE is 4G. There is no mention of 4G and my internet crawls even in the centre of town. Plus it's listed as Vol LTE2 on my little icons near the top of the screen next to the battery amount. Is there an app that checks it perhaps to see if it's 4G? As I said I bought in Hong Kong from the UK online. So it was delivered to the UK & use it in the UK. But there out of business now so I'm not going to cry over spilt milk on that.

I thought LTE would say 4G next to it which it doesn't. So is that definitely 4G?

Thanks.

#7 David13, Feb 1, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2022

Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G release date is 01 September. Features and Specs include a 6.5" inch screen, 64MP camera, 4-8GB RAM, Snapdragon 778G 5G processor, and 4500mAh battery.

01 September
Release Date
Reviews