1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change radio version

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Agent-Tabasco, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Agent-Tabasco

Agent-Tabasco Newbie

I have a Japanese htc evo 4g and I want to change the radio version back to its original. I believe that it is 2.15.00.05.06

How can I do that? and where can I get it?

Also, does anyone know if hboot 6.17.001 can be downgraded? or has been cracked...... I am very new to this stuff and I am a little confused.

all help is appreciated.

Here is my current info....

Android Version 2.2.1
    Baseband Version 2.15.00.03.04
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.17-gee557fdhtc-kernel@and18-2#2
    Build Number 1.05.970.1 CL339957 release keys
    Software number 1.05.970.1
    PRI version 2.11_01c
    PRL version 01001
    Model Number PC36100

Supersonic DVT1 Ship S-ON
    HBOOT-6.17.0001
    MICROP-041f
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_20aa
    RADIO-2.15.00.03.04

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Are you rooted? If not, I don't believe there's a way to downgrade your radio without being rooted

Agent-Tabasco likes this.
  3. Agent-Tabasco

Agent-Tabasco Newbie

ok thanks for the info.... I am rooted.... but whats weird about it.... I have s-off.

I have a complete root though because I have checked it..... something strange? any ideas....

4. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Not sure I understand question?

S-off = rooted

S-on = unrooted

right?

5. Agent-Tabasco

Agent-Tabasco Newbie

lol....

ok here is what I did....

I rooted with revolutionary.... then I got s-off. I played with some roms but found I did not have time to do it anymore... so I un-rooted with unrevoked s-on.

I got s-on.... but I never lost the root.... i still have the complete recovery.

I have since reloaded a stock Japanese rom with the help of xhausx and it worked well.... I used root cheker app and also command prompt to test if i still have root and it all points to I have root.... buuuuuut I still have s-on.

I have attempted to back track and re-root both with just about everything possible out there and nothing takes that s-off again and I cannot fully un-root to get stock recovery back.

confusing????

6. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

It sure is! :)

Hope you get that straightened out. I wouldn't know where to begin. good luck!

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah the issue is that there is not much out there that you could use for the japanese evo as everything is different on that phone then the u.s. version.

Agent-Tabasco likes this.
Tags: