• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change recent apps button back to menu?

Kuhns787

Android Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2010
Oregon
I am not liking the recent apps button I would really like the menu button back is there a way to do this. It is really bugging me like when I am in facebook and other apps there are things I am now not getting access to because of this? Or am I missing something here? I see that press and hold on the button works sometimes is that the only way to use the recent apps button as the menu button?

I am not liking the recent apps button I would really like the menu button back is there a way to do this. It is really bugging me like when I am in facebook and other apps there are things I am now not getting access to because of this? Or am I missing something here? I see that press and hold on the button works sometimes is that the only way to use the recent apps button as the menu button?

It is still there in the same place. Notice that button has a Double Outline?

The menu is that button held down (long depress)
Also the same thing is available if you touch the 3 dots on the upper right corner.

Either or both of those might be missing depending on the Application's Programmer's adherence to standards.

I have seen the dots missing but the Menu Button long depress brings up the Menu.

Likewise, both will bring up the menu if present.

Personally, I think it is neat that Samsung made that key a dual purpose function. I use it both ways frequently.

Upvote 0

use nova launcher and you can customize it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones