• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Change ringer and notification volume together?

One of the things I find annoying about the Captivate is the separate volumes for rings and notifications. When I lower the volume with the volume rocker switch, it only lowers the ring volume. Is there a way to set a global volume so that changing the volume changes ALL volumes together?

Yes, this is possible. If you do a search for my screen name you should be able to find detailed instructions on how I figured it out.

You must be rooted to do it, and the process is almost exactly the same as enabling side loading by changing the settings database. Use root explorer to make a copy of your settings.db file then move it to your sd card. Open it on your computer, find whet it says notification volume same as ring (these aren't the exact words) and then change the 0 to a 1. Then move the updated settings.db file back to the original location.

Upvote 0
One of the things I find annoying about the Captivate is the separate volumes for rings and notifications. When I lower the volume with the volume rocker switch, it only lowers the ring volume. Is there a way to set a global volume so that changing the volume changes ALL volumes together?

I like audio manager. Widget and settings for all audio.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones