• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help change Samsung Captivate system sounds

gaiking

Lurker
Apr 11, 2009
I'm looking to replace the current system "pop" sound when selecting apps or menus with a "click" sound....the only problem is that I can't find the location of the "pop" ui sound on the phone in order to replace it. I've searched through the directories and can find every sound but the one I want to change. I'm not looking to change alerts or other sounds....I already know how....but the selection "pop" just drives me nuts and I like the audible feedback and want more of a quiet "click".

Thanks for the help.

By chance, were you ever able to find a fix for this?

I'm in pretty much full agreement with you on this one. I'm interested in just muting the click/pop confirmation sound while still allowing other system sounds to remain on. Although, replacing the sound clip with something quieter would work too. Even with the system volume adjusted to it's lowest level (just above mute, that is), it's still quite audible in a quiet room. It doesn't necessarily bother me but, it's just good smartphone etiquette to not annoy others around me with those little phone clicky noises.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones