• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change T-Mobile text

pheedback

Lurker
Jul 14, 2009
When the screen is locked I can press on the Green phone, Home, Back, or Red Phone button and bring up a screen that says the following info:

T-Mobile
<<Current Time>>
<<Current Date>>
Screen Locked.
Press Menu to unlock or place emergency call.

Is there any way to change the text "T-Mobile" on that screen? I originally thought maybe it would change depending on what network I was connected to, but even when I connect to wireless it still states T-Mobile? I know it isn't a big deal having it on there, but I would just like to be able to change the text and customize my phone even more. Thanks in advance for your help.

When the screen is locked I can press on the Green phone, Home, Back, or Red Phone button and bring up a screen that says the following info:

T-Mobile
<<Current Time>>
<<Current Date>>
Screen Locked.
Press Menu to unlock or place emergency call.

Is there any way to change the text "T-Mobile" on that screen? I originally thought maybe it would change depending on what network I was connected to, but even when I connect to wireless it still states T-Mobile? I know it isn't a big deal having it on there, but I would just like to be able to change the text and customize my phone even more. Thanks in advance for your help.

You can do some customization with and App call Contact Owner ...
I use it for my lock screen info ..so if it was lost, the finder could see info to contact me... You could set up a fake contact and fill out the fields to the info you want to display and add quite a few lines of additional info ,,,

The second press of "Menu" makes it go away as normal ...

That I hope helps to some degree ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones