1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Change the lock screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by isthisthing0n, Feb 9, 2011.

1. isthisthing0n

isthisthing0n Lurker

Hi, I have the Motorola Droid, kind of a n00b i guess, ive been using apples OS for years, i was just wondering if there was a way without rooting to change the slider for the unlock, sorta like this: http://i.ehow.com/images/a05/eb/tc/download-install-android-ehow-app-1.1-120X120.jpg but more like this: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgtDxUAPnyZEIPrFUUCL5nn5U7OFvbZT-j5FRcrZbGfBsSWt9i&t=1

And im sorta interested in rooting but extremely terrified of bricking my phone, that and idk how to... good at jailbreaking my ipod, but rooting my droid..idk..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Android community and congratulations on getting the best phone out there. LOL sorry little biased here. :rolleyes:
    1. What you’re looking for is only available in a custom ROM, whether from one of the many developers here or (when you get feeling savvy enough), ported to your stock rooted ROM. Unfortunately this is, as far as I know, not available for stock. I could be wrong, haven’t been stock since 2.1, but others might chime in with a better answer.
    2. The best thing about a droid is the fact that short of destroying it, you almost can’t brick it. First things first read through the many rooting and general tips and tricks forums here and learn all the terminology. Took me a while to sort through it comeing from a mostly windows knowledge base (and that was mostly from 3.1 and 95, was out of the loop for a while). Then I would right now perform a nandroid backup. Just shut off your phone, then restart it holding the x key on the physical keyboard. This will put you in the nandroid and you can select to create a backup. Note the filename as it is just date/time format so it just looks like a jumble of numbers. With this no matter what you do short of frying the phone totally (boot loops, excessive FC’s, whatever), you can just go back into the “safemode” for lack of a proper term, and restore yourself to stock. N/P.
    Once again Welcome aboard, and be careful, once you start ROM’ing, it’s worse than crack. My wife no longer threatens to kick me out. Now she says she’ll take my droid away!!!!:D

isthisthing0n likes this.
  3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast

There's an app in the market (but I think it costs $1.99) called WidgetLocker Lockscreen. This app gives you a "lockscreen replacement" much like LauncherPro is a home screen replacement app. I don't think it gives you the Samsung puzzle unlock screen, but it does give you alternate popular ones. Good luck!

isthisthing0n likes this.
  4. isthisthing0n

isthisthing0n Lurker

thanks guys, helps alot!! haha idk if i can buy apps yet, my parents have to let me first o_________________O but i dont think they will mind parting with 2 dollars hehe

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews