1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General change to a 4gb sdcard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kenny2445-x215, Sep 29, 2011.

1. kenny2445-x215

None

Sep 1, 2011
    ok so I already have everything moved to my old 2gb sdcard that came with my phone, how can I transfer everything to the 4gb? and yes my phone is rooted! can anyone please guide me to the right path!

Advertisement

2. txwolf1980

txwolf1980 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Guess
    Wherever my 18 wheels take me
    The easiest way I can think of, would be to mount your sd card to your computer (make sure you have the drivers installed, plug your phone into your computer, drag down the notification bar, and select usb. click the option to mount usb storage, and hit ok on the pop up.) Then just drag everything out of the sd card into a new folder on your desktop. unmount the sd card, following the same procedure.
    Then, go to settings > sd card and phone storage and click unmount sd card. Then you can pull it out, put the new one in.
    after that, format the new one. Then mount it to your computer, the same way you did the first one, and drag everything back.

3. kenny2445-x215

None

Sep 1, 2011
    nevermind I got it all figured it out! thank you! :p

4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    Don't ya just love that copy & paste feature . I'd be freekin' lost without it > :D

5. txwolf1980

txwolf1980 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Guess
    Wherever my 18 wheels take me
    I didn't realize you had had your card partitioned. But, I'm glad you got it worked out. Do me a favor, and post what you did to get it fixed. That way, anyone who is searching threads with a similar problem can use this as a reference. Thanks.

6. kenny2445-x215

None

Sep 1, 2011
    haha yes of course!

here is what I did since I used MiniTool to do it!

I connected my phone to my computer with the drivers already installed! then I made sure to unmount the sdcard that already in the phone( the old sdcard)... then I put the new sdcard in my computer and I went straight to Minitool.. first I added a second partition for the new sdcard and then I just simply copied whatever in the old sdcard to the new one,, I had to do it using the minitool! that was it! Notice you have to copy the complete partitions not just the files!!