1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Changed Gmail addy's, phone won't gtalk or work right

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by magyver, Sep 15, 2010.

1. magyver

magyver Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2010
    Lead Home Theater Technician
    WI
    Ok, just got my Moment. Love it. I have hotmail for my email but that sucks, deleting emails on the phone dosen't delete them from my email account. So that sucks. So, I have gmail at work for gtalk.. thats it, no eamil. It has my first and last name in the addy and I don't want that for my official single email as i'm switching to gmail from hotmail. But after I got my Moment, i set it up for that work gmail addy that I no longer use. Well I got a new gmail that doesn't have my full name in it.. So, that is all great, can view the emails on my phone no problem, but when I go to use Gtalk, it says my old gmail addy, So I go to try delete it, it won't let me, says I have to reset my phone.. also, it won't let me access the app store either.

Do I really have to reset the whole phone and start over with the right gmail addy? When I reset, will I loose my contacts?

Am I making any sense?

Advertisement

2. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Producer/Musician
    Memphis
    Yeah u probably shouldn't done that.. Ur gonna hav to reset it for it to sync rite; Apps that u paid for are gonna be under the acct that u paid for them in.. Am I making sense:)

3. magyver

magyver Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2010
    Lead Home Theater Technician
    WI
    yeah, went to BB to have them back up my contacts and just did it. Screw it.. lesson learned.

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.