• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changed Google Account password on PC while flashing ROM, Phone locked

AndrIos

Sep 30, 2014
Hi,
Was just trying to update some tool and my Asus ZX551ML device went into bootloop.. So I just tried to flash the ROM again (taking backup of data on PC).
While ROM was flashing via ADB sideload..

While ROM was flashing I also changed my google password as it was unchanged for a very long period.

Once the flashing thing was done, when I tried to login to my Google account, was continously getting message, Please sign in using one of the owner's account for this device.. IT wont even allow me to sign in using another account.

Researched enough that I have to wait for specific number of hours before that FRP - Factory Reset Protection thing is released..
least 24
max 72
kindly confirm what is latest wait time.

Also if there is any other way to sign in ?
Since its my account, I have the SIM card, all recovery emails, all the purchase history, including CC numbers etc. with me.

Or

There is no option and to wait..
1. This is really no security, but a waste totally.. (inspite of having access to all details, I still cannot sign-in or contact google in anyway..)
2. Whats the overall use of security for a thief, if the bypass shall be gone/take away after 3 days.. as read.
3. Since I got this phone, I have only used 1 google account on this device (like majority of people do), how am i supposed to login to other owner account.. on a new bought phone.. OR
should I contact Asus in this case.

Thanks.

I don't think you've any choice but to wait it out. The logic behind it is explained in this article, which tells you how Google would answer your points 1 and 2.

You'd have had to enter your Google login on the device anyway after a reset, which would have been no inconvenience since you intended to set it up with the same account anyway. It would indeed be that one Google account you set up on the device, no other. And you will still need to do this after the timeout is over, it's just that until then it won't let you log in even with that account.

I've not got personal experience of this, but everything I've read says that it's now a 24 hour timeout.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply..
That was the only article which carried information about same.
This was frustrating as I only have that phone in hand at moment and its of no use.. cannot even use another account etc..

Can you kindly confirm IF you are sure the wait is 24 hours, as already 20 hours have passed.. and I can try to unlock the same now.
I have also read, if I try to login before the lock period is over, timer starts back from 0..

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I don't think you've any choice but to wait it out. The logic behind it is explained in this article, which tells you how Google would answer your points 1 and 2.

You'd have had to enter your Google login on the device anyway after a reset, which would have been no inconvenience since you intended to set it up with the same account anyway. It would indeed be that one Google account you set up on the device, no other. And you will still need to do this after the timeout is over, it's just that until then it won't let you log in even with that account.

I've not got personal experience of this, but everything I've read says that it's now a 24 hour timeout.
Thanks appreciate your feedback, saved my 2 days..
Just an update, the FRP has been removed after 24 hours.
Able to login with the old account properly now.
Hopefully, this information might help someone in future..

Reactions: Hadron and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones