1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Changed LCD, but now GPS or Maps not working correc

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSippler, Dec 7, 2014.

1. TheSippler

TheSippler Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    I accidently dropped my phone and soon did a replacement with an aftermarket screen which looks just like the original. All features work on the phone as far as I know. The only problem I'm having is with GPS/Google Maps.

It cannot keep a track of my location whilst moving, but it able to pick up my location prior to navigating, as in, it knows where I am.

Of course, it was working before the screen replacement. I don't know whether there is a separate GPS unit, but seeing as it can pick up my location, I suspect it's not disconnected physically.

What can I do to properly test this, or rectify the problem?

Advertisement

2. wirelessmike21

None

Mar 4, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Chicago
    The good news, it has nothing to do with your LCD. The bad news, Google probably released the worst update of Maps, ever! Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty and matches the whole new user interface that Google's been trying to push, but it just doesn't work as well.

I have gotten the navigation to work at times, but the app is just dumb. Just play around a bit with it, which is all I have really done. Also, send your disgust to Google via reviews in the Play Store. I'm surprised more people haven't had this complaint, and would only assume they haven't complained because they haven't used the app recently.

3. TheSippler

TheSippler Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    I think it's the other way around. The previous version of maps didn't work either and I used this new version on another S4 and it was working perfectly. My research has shown me that perhaps my assembly went wrong and the antennae might be connected incorrectly