1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Changed Memory Card, now Apps won't update

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by VolsMcFalls, Aug 23, 2011.

1. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    I swapped out to a higher capacity memory card last night. But, now none of my apps that are installed to the memory card will update through the market. It downloads fine, but fails on install.

Does this mean that I will have to uninstall and reinstall all those apps on my memory card? That really sucks if I lose all my game progress and data.

More information: It seems that I can move the apps back to the phone and update them, then move them back to memory card. But, that seems to be a major pain. And, after moving them back to memory card, they show back up in the market as needing to be updated (even though they have already been updated and move back to the card).

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Have you tried formatting the memory card before using it...

Settings > Storage > Format SD card.

Hope this helps. :D

3. wraithevolution

wraithevolution Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Firefighter
    Oregon
    Have you made sure that everything is being copied? I would format the new card in the phone first. Then with the old card on your pc, copy all the contents to transfer but make sure hidden folders can be seen. If you don't know how, open the folder you've created to transfer everything. Go to "Tools -> Folder Options -> View" and make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. It's not checked by default. This will usually work but not always. If not, you will have to push everything back onto the phone and then move again later.