1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root changed proximity, help asap

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UnLucky, Feb 15, 2011.

1. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

Running Liberty 1.5, just changed my proximity to 300 and installed a new font, restarted and now my touch screen isn't working at all, only physical buttons.

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

quick answer: reinstall your backup (nandroid)

3. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

How... I cant touch anything and rebooting while holding home and the top button doesn't give you many options. All i can think of is redownloading and renaming liberty_1.5.zip to upgrade.zip like it asks for.

4. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

you'll need to sbf your phone, then. Please let us know if you need directions on how to do it.

5. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

If you have usb debugging enabled, it's not too difficult using adb:

adb pull /system/build.prop

open that file up on your computer, change proximity back to default (150, I believe)

adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
    adb push build.prop /system
    adb reboot

and it should work.

6. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

Turn your X off by holding down the power button. Then hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time. If you are rooted it should boot into clockwork recovery. Using your camera buttons you should be able to navigate to your backup and install it.

7. UnLucky

UnLucky Member

It fixed itself after plugging it in. I am rooted but using the method above just takes me to the default android boot menu, not clockwork.

8. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

ive never had anything but problems when changing the proximity......

also, sometimes going to 260 on the lcd density causes the dialer to force close.....

9. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert

That won't work. For stock recovery, the update.zip file has to be signed by Motorola's encryption key. It's not just a file name.

Power + Home boots you into stock recovery, not Clockwork. You can't install anything but Motorola-signed .zip files from the stock recovery menus, and it won't even see your backups.