• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing ANP settings Armor X6

Sir Keef

Lurker
Aug 16, 2022
Hello all

New here - just have a quick question which my network provider doesn't seem to be able to answer.

I need to reset the ANP settings on my Armor X6 in order to be able to receive 3/4G data but they are all greyed out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to remedy this?

I've read that I might have to root the phone but I am a complete noob at Android and don't want to brick it!

TIA for any help with this

SirK

Where do you live and which carrier do you use?

Keep in mind that here in the U.S. the major carriers are shutting down their 3G cellular networks so it's a matter where now only phones that include support for 4G/LTE and/or 5G will be fully functional. Your Armor X6 only has limited 4G support so depending on just which carrier you use it makes no difference what APN settings you use, there's no 3G network to connect your phone to anyway. And carriers only use a selective number of band/frequencies for their own cellular networks so if your phone doesn't also include support those particular bands than 4G isn't an option either.

Or do you live elsewhere?
If you're seeing a lot of greyed out options in your APN setup menu, that's an indicator you need to get a new SIM card from your carrier. But no matter where you reside, if your Armor doesn't support the same bands as what your carrier uses for its cellular network, the APN settings are irrelevant. It's time to upgrade to a different phone.

Upvote 0
Where do you live and which carrier do you use?

Keep in mind that here in the U.S. the major carriers are shutting down their 3G cellular networks so it's a matter where now only phones that include support for 4G/LTE and/or 5G will be fully functional. Your Armor X6 only has limited 4G support so depending on just which carrier you use it makes no difference what APN settings you use, there's no 3G network to connect your phone to anyway. And carriers only use a selective number of band/frequencies for their own cellular networks so if your phone doesn't also include support those particular bands than 4G isn't an option either.

Or do you live elsewhere?
If you're seeing a lot of greyed out options in your APN setup menu, that's an indicator you need to get a new SIM card from your carrier. But no matter where you reside, if your Armor doesn't support the same bands as what your carrier uses for its cellular network, the APN settings are irrelevant. It's time to upgrade to a different phone.
Hi svim thank you for your reply

I am in the UK and my carrier is Lebara. Their tech support isn't that great and they weren't able to assist with this. We still have 3G and 4G data networks available here - 5G is just starting to roll out but as I am in a a fairly rural location so 3/4G is all that's available in my location.

I will go back to their tech support - maybe I just got unlucky with the person I was talking to :)

Upvote 0
Hi svim thank you for your reply

I am in the UK and my carrier is Lebara. Their tech support isn't that great and they weren't able to assist with this. We still have 3G and 4G data networks available here - 5G is just starting to roll out but as I am in a a fairly rural location so 3/4G is all that's available in my location.

I will go back to their tech support - maybe I just got unlucky with the person I was talking to :)

Yes, try contacting Lebara tech support again. Some of the time you might be dealing with a knowledgeable, helpful staffer, other times maybe not. It's a real gamble.

But offhand, your Armor X6 is appears to be primarily a 2G/3G model:
https://www.gsmarena.com/ulefone_armor_x6-10024.php
and Lebara is a MVNO contracted with Vodafone in the U.K.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebara
and there isn't a match for the bands/frequencies that Vodafone uses for its 4G cellular network
https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/GB/ulefone-armor-x6
So you might want to lower your expectations you'll be able to get anything more than 3G on your X6 if this is all actually correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones