1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Changing back to old app drawer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Killocity, May 16, 2011.

1. Killocity

Killocity Lurker

Just updated my DHD with the Gingerbread update, which changes the app drawer in grid view to a sort of 'sectioned' approach to scrolling.

For those yet to update/unaware - there's no free-scrolling page in the app drawer in grid mode. It sorts them into blocks of 16 (4 x 4) and you scroll through these blocks.

Is there any way of changing this back to the old free-scrolling style? It's still there in list view, but there doesn't seem to be an option to change the grid view back!
    I don't want to resort to changing launchers again :(

Advertisement

SydL likes this.
  2. springy

springy Android Enthusiast

I am afraid not. Complain to HTC and ask them to change it back.
    You could however root your phone and put a custom ROM

3. ajh94

ajh94 Android Expert

or use LauncherPro.. That changes the app drawer :)

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

To be honest I quite like it. Though the only reason is that it stops you scrolling past the app that you want to find if you're going too fast. Not a fan of change for changes sake but in this case I approve.

Dave

Spaceprobe likes this.
  5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast

The difference in speed of scrolling doesn't seem that huge to me; still seems to scroll from top to bottom easily.

6. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I like it actually, makes it easier to find an app, as the previous scrolling was too whizzy for me.. You just have to use more finger strokes (ooer, missus) :p

Spaceprobe and BOZG like this.
  7. SydL

SydL Newbie

I agree with Killocity, I don't like it either. HTC should have left it as an option for us to decide which one we prefer. However the nice thing is swiping left of right horizontally also moves the screen which is a nice touch, kind of like having the best of both worlds. I would still use the full scroll though, I enjoyed seeing the apps zoom smoothly by like greased lightning with just a flick. I hope they bring it back as an option. If not, I'll probably start using GO Launcher again.

8. phatbass

phatbass Member

Purely a "comfort zone" thing, I guess, but I prefer the old smooth scroll too.

Probably just 'coz I'm used to it.

9. SB13X

SB13X Android Expert

Smooth scroll ftw and the app drawer in Launcher Pro is awesome can also do 3D but the fly in and fly out animations are also cool.

10. Jaffa

Jaffa Android Expert

I can honestly say the best thing I have done with this device is switch to Launcher Pro PLUS.

Using Launcher custom icons too, makes the device feel really personalised

11. SB13X

SB13X Android Expert

[​IMG]