1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Changing behavior of home screens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 13ilgal, Oct 23, 2014.

1. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

On my GS3, if I swiped through home screens in one direction only, I would eventually end up back at the "main" home screen.

In this Note 4, if I swipe left I get through 5 screens and it stops. To get back home, I have to either hit the Home button or press the tiny home icon on the screen.

Without switching launchers, any way to emulate the GS3 behavior on this Note 4? Haven't been able to find anything in the user manual...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jabloomf1230

jabloomf1230 Newbie

Hold down your finger on the screen until you see the widgets icon and other icons at the bottom. One of the other icons is home screen settings

3. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

If you get rid of the Flipboard homescreen you will be able to continuously scroll through your homescreens.

4. stevehoffman

stevehoffman Well-Known Member

I was able to disable the Flipboard which took up one of the home screens, but I still can't get the home screens to continuously scroll.

5. nytmare

nytmare Well-Known Member

+1

I'm experiencing the same thing. I've also disabled Flipboard, but when I get to the last screen, it won't wrap. Home screen settings doesn't have any options other than "transition effects" (which simply changes the effect when going from one screen to another), and the Flipboard thing.

6. 13ilgal

Replying to my initial post...

I can't get that behavior, but what I did was move my "main" home screen to the center point. That means only two swipes in either direction to reach my other 4 screens. Better setup for my use.

7. Ca_lvn

Ca_lvn Newbie

My moves in a contious motion I took it off flip board moved to 3d now it scrolls contious earther direction.

8. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

Initially, I had the same issues as the OP but I have since disabled Flipboard/Briefing and I now get continuous scrolling.

9. stevehoffman

stevehoffman Well-Known Member

I agree -- that's the best solution.

10. scotty001

scotty001 Member

Same for me, at first with flip board active i couldn't scroll the screen, I changed the home screen setting by un ticking the flipboard option and not screen will continually scroll

11. 13ilgal

Flipboard is off. Still can't continuously scroll - whether in Cards mode or 3-D mode. Weird. I'm on Verizon in the US - wonder if the model makes a difference?

At any rate, my centered home screen seems to have resolved my issue for now.

12. nytmare

nytmare Well-Known Member

You might have hit the nail on the head. I'm on VZW too and I'm having the same problem. I'm likely going to do what those two other users mentioned and move my main home screen to the center.

13. 13ilgal

A quick glance through the replies and it seems as though the UK users have continuous scroll, while we US users do not.

Go figure...

14. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member

Well, I'm on US Cellular, and I have continuous scrolling. Might be a Verizon issue...

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews