1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Changing Boot Splash?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by admiral ackpoux, Apr 18, 2012.

1. admiral ackpoux

Has anyone had a chance to look into making cusotm boot splash? I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy but for the life of me can't seem to find the files to change. Any thoughts, or has anyone done this. Thanks for anyone who can get me closer to a finished product

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

Rom Toolbox has custom boot animations, but I'm not sure it works with stock or BrokenOut.

3. admiral ackpoux

Boot animations are esy enough for my to get taken care of. I'm trying to change the boot splash. The part before the boot animation that pops up with the lg logo. Sometimes it's called the boot logo. It was super easy to change on moto phones but other devices are a bit different I need to find the files so I can remove and replace them with a different image set.

4. mtmichaelson

mtmichaelson Android Enthusiast

They are stored in the boot.img and are a huge pain because they are not standard png's. If I remember correctly they are rle files and have a long and grueling process to convert to.

5. admiral ackpoux

I've already done the converting but the changes won't stick is the problem. I converted the .png to a .rle the same as in the boot images folder, replaced it with the image I wanted there but once I changed it and rebooted it went back to the original one so it got me confused and haven't tried it since. If anyone has any ideas it would be great

6. mtmichaelson

Now the initial lg is not able to be changed.

7. admiral ackpoux

Yea that's not the end of the world just for some reason after I resize and convert my png files to rle files and put them in the bootimages folder I get a black screen and that's it. Am I in the wrong place or am I missing something.

8. mtmichaelson

How did you convert them? Also, do you get the standard boot animation after the black screen?

9. admiral ackpoux

found a png to rle bath program in one of the forums and I still get the lg logo then black screen then boot animation goes just fine. went back into the bootimages folder after a fresh reboot and the file is gone. should it be named boot.img?

10. mtmichaelson

No, you actually have to decompile the boot.img and replace the files then recompile. After that, flash the boot.img to your phone.

11. admiral ackpoux

Ok that's the next step just need to know where to find it.also have you had a chance to look at the lockscreen set up I was trying to work on the other day?

12. real0325

real0325 Well-Known Member

It works with romtoolbox

13. admiral ackpoux

The Spectrum isn't on the list of compatable devices unfortunatly

14. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

For RTB? Sure it is (maybe not on the list, but it works), I use it daily. In fact....

[​IMG]

I haven't tried to change the boot animation, though. It works great with Moto phones and I would assume since it works with other phones that use imgs, it would work with ours, but I haven't tried.

15. Egofury

Egofury Newbie

I tried it yesterday some boot animation doesn't fit well with our device

16. admiral ackpoux

Now do you know what types of files are used so I can load one of my own? I did click on a device and the list did pop up, but I have a certain boot logo I want to use

17. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

It's my understanding, and MT can correct me if I'm wrong, but RTB inserts new PNG files into your framework APK. Icons are changed with single images and boot animations are a series of files. I thought the boot img only called up the png files, not containing them...you should be able to find the current boot images with a root browser.

18. admiral ackpoux

i have a question then for you when you went into the boot logo section which device did you pick.it's makes me curious because none of those phones have the spectrums resolution. And any chance of a video to see how it looks

19. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

Do you guys have a splash partition? Pack your image into an IMG container and flash to the splash partition.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews