• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Changing Colors

Viaharo

Aug 28, 2011
Will there be any tutorials on how to change the dang status bar from something other than white :) for the m835?

I have been trying numerous tutorials but nothing seams to work.

Edit: Looks like the tutorial I followed for Deodexing the phone did not work.
Any one have a good set of tutorials that worked for this phone? My goal is to be able to theme the phone with a black status bar, different font colors, and new notification icons etc.
thanks in advance.

I am currently working on a update.zip for use with ultrajack recovery to deodex the m835. Ill share all steps to a working deodex for themes etc as soon as i get it going.

Edit: Ok, Here is where I could use some help. Manually deodexing using xUltimate-v2.2.8 and adb shell, or update.zip using ultrajack method containing the deodexed files from xUltimate-v2.2.8 result in the same problem. Stuck at the Boot logo for ages and then to a black screen with the backlight on. Help!!! lol.

Upvote 0
Oh PlayfulGod that would be awesome. Really Really awesome.
I am really interested in learning where i was going wrong deodexing the stock rom.
Im toying with installing CM7 but i was trying to put together a good update.zip for people who just want to theme only etc.

Much thanks for any assistance, and total rockin thanks for a deodexed rom or help getting me there. :-D

Upvote 0
Actually That rom is quite awesome. Very sleek and fast once the metro bloatware is removed. But that's just my opinion :)
It was a joke you jerk!
mad.gif

I'll try the ROMs out after I get the M835 back!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones