1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

changing default alarm tone in cyanogenmod 7.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Muk343, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Muk343

Muk343 Newbie

I am currently on a ROM based on cyanogenMod 7.2. I wanted to change the default alarm tone. I seemed to have looked into all the settings but there seems that there is no such setting which allows me to change the DEFAULT alarm tone. I can change alarm tone for individually for every alarm i set but the default tone remains same. So is there a way to do it by fiddling with some files?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

You can add the tone of your choice to the system/media/audio/Alarms and change the permissions to rw-r-r-- using root explorer.
    You can delete(or add .bak at the end of its name) the old tone, i think that should set your new tone as default.

3. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

Actually there is another way...go to /system/build.prop and search for the line "ro.config.alarm_alert=xxx.ogg"

Just modify that to your tone of choice...;)

4. Muk343

Muk343 Newbie

Well thanks for info ayush and ryuinferno.
    I tried to change build.prop. But it wasn't reflected in the alarms. Build.prop changed fine but still no changes were made in the app. This seems to be a problem with ROM (or me who knows).
    For the time being i have managed a way through.

Thanks
    Btw : if i change my version from 2.3.7 to 4.0.3 in build.prop would it incur any problem.
    I guess not but i thought it would be better to ask the experts .

5. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

Nope..it only changes the one that is displayed in settings...but better make a backup first...

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews