1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Changing font size.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mjrtom, Mar 23, 2011.

1. mjrtom

mjrtom Newbie
    None

Sep 17, 2009
    My parents are getting old and can't see very well anymore. Recently I convinced them that we should all get MyTouch4G's (I like vanilla Android more, but figured that Sense would work better for them). Their biggest gripe with the phone is that they can't read anything on the screen without their glasses on (which wasn't a problem on their BlackBerries with enlarged font).

So, I downloaded Spare Parts for them, and set the font size to "Extremely Large", but after exiting the program the font size is promptly reset to the default. I tried it on my rooted phone (still with stock Sense on it), and the same thing.

Is this a known issue? Can anyone on here confirm that it works with their MyTouch4G, or any other Android device? If there is no easy fix for this specific program, is there any other apps that can easily change the font size (preferably without rooting the phone)?

Thanks,
    mjrtom

Side Note: I know I could've condensed this post to be a lot smaller, but I'm trying to avoid doing my biochem lab report.

Advertisement

2. WorldWide69

WorldWide69 Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    To succeed
    Atlanta Ga.
    If your phone is rooted you can get an app off the market called, "Custom Android Font Switcher". There are fonts that are in genaral bigger, and easie to read for people with bad eyes. If your phone isn't rooted, then I don't know what to tell you besides spare parts.

3. mjrtom

mjrtom Newbie
    None

Sep 17, 2009
    thanks man, that worked well. guess it's not too bad of a workaround.

can anyone else confirm or deny that spare parts did not change their font size?