1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Changing from Eris to Ally

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dbriani, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dbriani

dbriani Member

May 31, 2010
    I am a little nervous, after having replaced my Eris 3 times now, Assurion is going to send me an LG Ally. Has anyone used this phone, and how did you like it? They ensured me that if I do not like the Ally my warranty still covers my Eris, and they will allow me to get a new Eris rather than keep the Ally. This is a little scary for me because I am not a huge fan of LG phones, and I have read poor reviews of the Ally. I insisted Verizon send me a phone that is more similar to the Eris, as the LG does not have the Sense UI, and I do like the look of the Eris. Any advice as to what I should do, and how does everyone feel about the Ally? Thank for any advice.

Advertisement

2. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Sophomore in high school
    In a house, by a street
    I also came from a Eris, but now I'm going to an Incredible. I honestly would rather have a Eris just because I don't like keyboards, I like the Sense UI and it was to thick for me. I'm not saying this is a bad phone it actually really good just not my type of phone. Also the Ally has a really good community here, you'll get along with everyone just fine I think.

dbriani likes this.
  3. laurentypo

laurentypo Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Female
    Virginia Beach
    I had an Eris and had it replaced 3 times. Verizon gave me an Ally as a replacement. I was pretty bummed at first, because I loved how sleek and thin the Eris was, and I really liked that it didn't have a keyboard.

I was surprised when I got my Ally, because the screen resolution is awesome. The pictures just look so much clearer! I also thought the Ally was quicker to respond than my Eris. The keyboard is actually really good. My husband has a Motorola Droid, and I hate his keyboard. The raised button's on the Ally's keyboard make it really useful. I actually find myself using the keyboard a lot when I text instead of using the touch screen.

The soft keys are a little annoying, because they start to go bad, and then you can't use the Back key without pressing it 20 times. This is really the only problem I have with the phone, other than it being a little bulkier than I would like.

I miss my Eris' form, but I like the Ally's function.

4. dbriani

dbriani Member

May 31, 2010
    Thank you for your response. I just got my Ally today, and I have to say it isn't so bad. The Eris is a much better looking phone, and I too like the Sense UI. But like you I also had 3 replacements before I was sent a different phone. My Eris was very buggy and I missed so many calls that it just became a hassle, hopefully I'll be upgrading shortly if this phone doesn't work out.

Tags: