• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing "From" in Gmail...

andykrow

Lurker
Mar 2, 2009
Hi All,

Just wondering if there's any update on changing the "from" in the gmail app on the G1.

Like many others out there, I'm sure, I have gmail set to check multiple accounts. While I love getting these emails pushed to my phone (and gmail seems to check my accounts every 5 mins or less :), it's frustrating that I cannot seem to reply with the address the email was originally sent to. It works perfectly in Gmail on my PC, just not with the G1. I have rc33.

Anyone know how to do this or if an update is on the way?

I did find a couple old posts on this but they were from October so I figured I would put it out there again.

Thanks,
Andy

A little progress...

Fooling around with this more I went to Gmail from my G1's browser. It initially put me into the mobile version of Gmail but has the option of the desktop version down at the bottom of the page. Both mobile and desktop versions of this will reply with the same address the email was originally sent to.

Why not the gmail app?? It's so much faster than the browser and I would assume uses less battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones