1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Changing Google Account Associated with Google Market

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Corey Bryant, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Well-Known Member
    None

Advertisement

2. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    When I gave a phone to my mom, and had to change the Google account, I was told factory reset was necessary. Sorry. Back everything up to your SD card that you possibly can. I always take out the SD card to be safe, but I'm weird.

3. Corey Bryant

None

That is what I am doing now unfortunately. But I did go to my market to see what apps I had. I then went into View Source and copied the code - pasted that into a WYSIWYG editor so that I can have the links.

I also have signed up with MyLookOut and I am backing up my data there as well. Hopefully this will help with this process.

Plus, my Android is extremely slow, so maybe this will help some as well.

4. Random11

Random11 Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Hi.

I'm new to android fones. I just got a zte racer, I'm trying to change the google account associated with the market but it says I need to do a factory reset. I went into privacy, followed options to do this, the green robot thing comes up n red light flashes and it's been like this for over an hour n a half. I'm assuming it doesn't take this long? At this point, I can't switch the fone off or do anything, have to take battery out to shut fone off.

Help!

Thx.

5. Corey Bryant

None

This is what I did - before doing a factory reset and it has worked out well for me.

I went into the Android Market and looked at all my downloads. I then chose View source to get the page information and pasted it into Expression Web. This of course created a basic replica of the pages. Fortunately, it was only three pages.

Once this was done, I removed the SD card, just in case. I then did the factory reset and added my new account. I can now easily click on the links from the pages to install the programs.

Maybe removing the SD card did not allow the programs that were installed on there to be "re-installed", but it should not matter.

6. Corey Bryant

None

Just in case here is the final pages with the Google Account change. I have not installed the new apps just yet, but maybe this will help some people: